Sunday, November 13, 2005

The GMAT Mystery

Well I am writing it here but I really do not know who scripted it. Was it ETS or Thomson Prometric? I have not been able to figure it out.

See if you can figure it out from the email I got from GMAC, “On occasion, technical or staffing problems may require a delayed start or the rescheduling of your test session. Weather conditions or other circumstances beyond the test administrator's control may also require a delayed start or the rescheduling of your test appointment.”

I was writing the GMAT on the 10th (Thursday) and had finished the Quant section, got back after my break and the computer just wont show anything……. The people at the center blamed it on ETS but I think it is far from the truth, think it was a problem with the internal system and not ETS because other people in the room were also writing exams. So if it really was ETS it must not have been just that one station. I am not very tech savvy but as a layman I thing my reasoning stands good.

The whole thing has now been scheduled for the 26th at a nearby location, hope it works out fine this time. J B, I did not post earlier because they were trying to fix me up for the test on Saturday the 12th, but it did not work out …… and now it is another two weeks of suspense.

11 Comments:

Blogger i_will_make_it said...

oh gosh! that really blows. sorry you have to retake it due to technical problems. taking the gmat is already nerve-racking enough, but thinking your getting it overwith... and having to take it again. i can only imagine your pain and frustration.

good luck with the test! Let us know how it goes!

Sunday, November 13, 2005 2:20:00 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

wow that would REALLY piss me off. I would demand them refund my money on top of rescheduling the date and all that jazz.

Good luck!

Sunday, November 13, 2005 4:46:00 PM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

that sucks ! but keep you tempo going, and crack the beast on 26th. all the best.

Sunday, November 13, 2005 5:33:00 PM  
Blogger Paa"ji" said...

@ i will make it, this b-school thing is sometimes more nerve wrecking than running a company, you just do not have control on the results of anything that u do

@marina, this is what happens when we have a (NON PROFIT) monopoly called ETS

@Forrest, i am trying to.... hope I can survive

Sunday, November 13, 2005 6:51:00 PM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

OMG! That happened to me when I first took the test. I finished the quant, came back from break, and the computer wasn't working. Fortunately, one of the guys who worked at the testing center was able to get it up and going quickly. I ended up bombing that test. Actually, I bombed the quant section. So I guess I can't blame the testing center for the extra stress and anxiety it caused me. LOL.

The good news is that you now have an additional two weeks to study!

Sunday, November 13, 2005 6:52:00 PM  
Blogger Paa"ji" said...

@ jb, The more I am at it the more I am loosing it....I hope I can stay focused

@ mave, am trying to push....but really running out of steam now

Monday, November 14, 2005 1:54:00 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Thanks!

Isn't ETS getting replaced next year?

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:17:00 AM  
Blogger Paa"ji" said...

@warrior.... it has just blown all the steam out of me....the psychological toll is heavy...i hope i can stay up to it

@marina, Yea they are changing ETS and I hope the experience of test takers also changes for the better....right now it is a one sided equation

@pupstar, I am comming to grips with it :-)

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 12:57:00 AM  
Blogger sorebrek said...

Aw bummer. Well the reprieve is that you've gotten a second chance without a first attempt on the score sheet; typically people do better on their second shot since there is no more nervousness about the actual test-taking environment. Go Paaji - I'm rooting for you.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

A new pair of shoes - no occasion needed. However, a $450 suit that will probably hang in the closet after a few interviews, different story :) It is all about justification - women's brains are a complex structure!!!

Have a great weekend!

Friday, November 18, 2005 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Amen! I am not giving up yet - this is only week 5 since under review so I still have 5 weeks to go until I get bummed out!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 9:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home