Saturday, August 06, 2005

Celebration of Light Vancouver

Vancouver Downtown
Have been away from blogging for a while, there were many reasons both professional and personal, ......wont get into all the details..........and of course no one wants to hear my rants. Since I last posted we have moved to Vancouver.....(Drove all the way from Boston) it was some trip, esp with all those beautiful wide open roads and countryside with some fabulous sights n things. But my good old camera was buried way too deep inside for me to dig and capture some of those beautiful views. Ever since we got here we have been traveling around and taking some pictures.......... (my new found love).......and my Sony saw sunlight for the first time, although I have owned it for a lil more than 2 years.
The pictures that I am posting here are from the celebration of Light, it is an annual event held in Vancouver where 3 countries compete against each other and on the final weekend there is a grand finale..the participants this year are Canada, China and Sweden







I could not get the photos posted the way I got them orignally. To get a better view click on the pics and view them on a new window. They look much better then.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anuj said...

wow the pics are amazing.. whenw e will have such stuff on diwali in our country :)

Saturday, August 06, 2005 2:47:00 AM  
Blogger KV said...

What can I say? Vancouver ROCKS!!!!
Great pix btw....

Sunday, August 07, 2005 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger Paa"ji" said...

anuj:- the day is not far away......and i strogly feel it

metal:- They were tricky, i had to put a lot of black tape on the sensors and the flash......and spent half a day adjusting the speeds and settings....

kv:- Vancouver is good and definately rocks....except for the job scene :-). I love the city and am back after 3 yrs in the states

Monday, August 08, 2005 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Catalina said...

I just wanted to say thanks for your comment on my blog, it really meant a lot to me. Thanks =)

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

Wow! Great photos. I wish you had had your camera with you on your journey to Vancouver. On second thought, your landscape shots probably would have put mine to shame. So scratch that.

Glad to see that you're posting again.

Cheers!

Sunday, August 14, 2005 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger Anand said...

Awesome pics. how are your applications coming along?

Saturday, August 27, 2005 5:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home